- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the Trust.
- Establish and maintain Trust bank/building society account and banking arrangements.
- Implement and adhere to a financial protocol.
- Produce and monitor annual budget.
- Report financial position to the Trust Board by way of monthly management accounts.
- Advise the Trust Board of financial constraints, obligations and opportunities at the regular Board meetings.
- In conjunction with other Board members ensure that funds are spent appropriately.
- Regular liaison with the Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary/ Membership Secretary and Operations Manager.
- Signatory for all Trust financial expenditure.
- Responsibility for the collection and depositing of all fees, subscriptions and funds.
- Prepare and issue receipts for monies received.
- Responsibility for the payment of any bills incurred.
- Ensure all Management Committee insurance commitments are understood and acted upon.
- Prepare end of year financial report for AGM.
- Prepare required information for the auditors and the FSA.
- Deal with financial related correspondence.
- Manage debtors.
- Commitment to attend meetings and accept responsibility for the performance of key tasks as allocated by the committee and/or membership
- Commitment to the values of the Trust
- Commitment to support all motions and initiatives undertaken by the committee
- Committed to undertaking all key tasks defined in the Finance Manager’s job description.
- An understanding of the Trust movement and the aims and objectives of the Trust.
- Be methodical and reliable.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be numerate – understand a balance sheet and profit and loss account.
- Be able to explain financial matters to non-financial people.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and/or alternative presentation tools.